Chlorine Taste & Odour

Utility staff and certified technicians continuously monitor the water to ensure that the water arriving at your tap is both potable (safe to drink) and palatable (pleasing to drink).

Our water comes from a protected underground aquifer.  The water is passed through sand filters to remove iron, manganese and any other particulate matter.  Enough chlorine is added to the water to disinfect and ensure that your water is protected from harmful bacteria and micro-organisms.

Some customers can be sensitive to changes in chlorine levels and will notice the fluctuations more than others. These changes in the chlorine taste and odor generally pass on their own after a few hours, and are not cause for alarm.  Even though these changes may be detected, the chlorine level is still well within the accepted range.